Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ma-Maaaaaaaaaaa?

I've always been told that little boys love their mama's, and it's true! Samuel makes me feel so loved that it totally validates all of the hard work of toddler hood. Lately he likes to be right next to me all the time. If I happen to leave a room or go upstairs he will start looking for me all over the house while yelling "ma-maaaaaaaa?" at the top of his lungs. It's so adorable! I make sure to answer him right away and invite him to join me wherever I am. I wonder sometimes if it's sort of a game to him, like hide and seek.

I think Allen gets a little jealous because there are many times that he will want to hold Samuel or do something with him but Samuel will fuss and reach out for me. Allen says that Samuel is very "pro-Mom" right now. I tell him not to worry because in a couple years he will be very "pro-Dad" and I'll be no big deal. I hope that's not true though because I love that he follows me around and wants me to hold and snuggle him. It feels wonderful to be so adored by my baby and to know that my love for him is returned. Even though he will grow up and become more independent, I'll always try to encourage our special relationship and closeness.