Saturday, January 15, 2011

He's Got the Beat

If he could, I know Samuel would say: "My name is Samuel and I like to dance!" It's by far his favorite pastime. He's always movin' and groovin', regardless of where we are or what type of music is playing. If we are home and he hears the speakers outside playing revelry he will dance to that too. Sometimes he even dances when there is no music at all!

Of course, his moves are still pretty limited. He mostly just bends his knees and bounces up and down. Although, we have been encouraging him to dance with his whole body, so now he will put his arms out in front of him and move them from side to side.

Although, when we are in the car he can only bob his head. Since we are usually listening to Lithium on XM, I like to imagine that he is headbanging along with me to Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots.

He especially likes to be my dance partner. I'll pick him up so he's on my right hip, then hold his right hand in my left hand and we dance all over the house. If I try to put him down when the song is over he will protest and try to crawl back up my body, so we just keep on dancing. Daddy isn't really an enthusiastic dancer, he's usually our D.J., but sometimes we can even convince him to join us and we all dance together!