Sunday, February 6, 2011

Caught In the Act

Here is another example of why you never leave your toddler unattended (even to use the bathroom or make a meal). Yesterday, I made Samuel a nice lunch of ravioli, grapes and honey wheat pretzel sticks, then brought his meal in to the living room so he could intermittently eat and play. Afterwards, I went back to the kitchen to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I came in to the living room to find him happily working away on his lunch, picking up his ravioli then pushing them on to his fork to spear them before lifting them to his mouth (that's his way :shrug:). I set my sandwich on the footstool so I could quickly use the bathroom. I was in there a few minutes then stopped in the dining room to check my e-mail before returning to the living room. I was probably gone a total of 5-10 minutes. When came back this is what I found:



He was smeared head to toe in peanut butter and jelly. My rest of my half-eaten sandwich was strewn across the couch and the floor. That little PBJ bandit had devoured most of my lunch and polished off his own!