Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Sweet Spot

There is a certain part of my body that Samuel finds irresistible.... my armpit! I know it sounds strange, but for some reason he loves to play with it when he is nursing. When he was about 4 months he started caressing my chest and running his hand up and down my arm when he nursed. Over time it has developed into not only my chest and arm but now my armpit too!

He nuzzles his hand right up in there and it tickles! Sometimes it can even be downright irritating especially when I nurse him in the middle of the night. I just don't always feel like being tickled. It's gotten to where he has trouble falling asleep if he can't touch my armpit. The times I've tried to prevent his hand from going there he starts to fuss. It seems to make him feel happy and content so I let him do it anyway.

I'm not sure why my armpit is appealing. I realize that it can be prickly or sometimes even a little fuzzy so maybe he likes the texture. Allen jokes that he must like the smell - concentrated Mommy (or as I call it, Eau de Mommee).

Heading for the "sweet spot":