Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Snatcher

There’s a baby snatcher on the loose in Cheyenne! Don’t panic. It’s just Allen. Lately he’s been running off with Samuel on self-proclaimed Dad-Son Outings. Most of these outings are just to the library’s amazing indoor play area. Samuel loves to turn the wheels and open the little doors and spin the knobs and all the other great features of the wooden “Bookmobile.” Lately, he has even been showing interest in the other part of the play center which has these metal letter/picture tiles that you slip into slots and then you turn a wheel to make them go up the conveyor belt. This is obviously meant for older kids, but since my kid is undoubtedly a genius he has started to pick up the tiles and tries fitting them into the slots. :tear: I am so proud.

I think it is great that Allen enjoys doing things with Samuel on his own. He is such an awesome dad. Of course, I always appreciate a little mom time too even if all I accomplish is unloading the dishwasher without the help of a little two foot person. I have to say though that when they are on their outings I always wonder what they are up to and imagine them getting into some mischief. I know one day Allen will make good on his threats to fill Samuel full of ice cream and take him to an R-rated movie. Hopefully he will wait a few years. I think the library is perfect for now.