Monday, March 14, 2011

Evolution of a Meltdown

Capturing Samuel's 19 month photo was quite a challenge. I had to take several pictures before I finally caught one where he was smiling. Here's how it went down:

I decided to lint brush Samuel's fleece outfit before the photo. Of course, he has to help.


Then, I take the lint brush away so I can snap the photo.


He really, really wants it back.


I ask him to please sit on the couch, next to the monkey, so I can take his picture. He refuses to sit.


I tell him that if he sits nicely while I take his picture then I will give him a cookie.


I ask him to smile. He just keeps asking for the cookie.


I tell him he can only have the cookie after he sits nicely on the couch, next to the monkey, so I can take his picture.


They look happy, right?


I give in and get him the cookie (animal crackers).


Happy!


Happier!


Happiest!