Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vacation Hangover

Recovering from a vacation is a bit like recovering from a big night of drinking. You feel exhausted, disoriented and guilty. Of course, the causes are much different. Alcohol speaks for itself.... devil's brew. Vacation's are another story.

The guilt stems mostly from hemorrhaging money the entire time you are away, once you arrive home you are disoriented since it takes a couple days of fumbling around before you ease back into a routine and, of course, the exhaustion is from trying to squeeze a ridiculous amount of activities into an inadequate amount of time. All of this is in the attempt to "get away and relax." Right. I usually feel more stressed during a vacation then when I'm home. The only difference is at least I don't have to do the dishes. I HATE doing the dishes.

Later this week we are off on another vacation, to Albuquerque, but first I need to unpack from our trip to Colorado Springs....