Friday, September 24, 2010

Adorable Baby Noises

One of the most adorable things Samuel does is also the hardest to catch on film - his baby babbles! It sounds like gibberish to us but I know that to him a lot of it has real meaning. I just wish I knew what he was saying!

Sometimes his babbles are little whispers and sometimes they are big yells. One of his favorites is dadadada. I'm not sure if he's always referring to his dad or if he just knows that he will definitely get a response when he says it. Either way it's fun to see his eyes light up when he says it and I start talking to him about Allen. I ask him, "Where is dada? Do you know? Let's go find him!" Or, I tell him, "Your daddy loves you very much!"

He loves to babble in the car especially when he is sleepy. We will be driving along and he will just be stringing vowels and consonants together and talking to himself. I think he's even started trying to sing because sometimes his babbling is so melodic.

Soon his adorable baby noises will turn into words. In fact, he is getting better and better at imitating real words. He's been working on "poop" lately and I swear that the other day he said "sock" when I was putting on his sock.

I sure will miss all the sweet babbles, coos, and gurgles but I'm excited to have a real conversation with him and to hear him say "I love you, Mommy" for the first time!