Monday, August 17, 2015

The Days Are Long, But The Years Are Short

It's time to start blogging again. The last few years have been busy. Very busy. The transition from one to two kids was exhilarating and exhausting. Most days I felt like I was being pulled in a million different directions all day long. That's not to say that things have calmed down much. My two boys are still as energetic as ever and I love every minute. There is nothing that I would rather do than spend my days sharing their lives when they need and want me the most.

I stopped blogging consistently right around the time that I became pregnant with Elijah. I had morning sickness and a toddler who needed all of the energy and attention that I was able to muster. As time passed it just seemed like it would be too hard to catch up, so eventually days, then weeks and now years have gone by. I disappointed to realize that I have lost that opportunity to document my memories of these precious boys who are growing so fast because I have let myself believe that I couldn't just pick up where I left off.

I felt overwhelmed and often guilty about keeping my blog. I thought that I had to write down every little detail of our lives and I couldn't leave anything out or I would be cheating Samuel out of those memories. Mom guilt at it's worst. I also thought that I had to write a novel with a ton of photos to recreate the moments and bring them back to life. I have evolved since then and now want this to just be a snapshot. I will share moments that mean the most. When I can keep up I will and when life is crazy-busy and too hectic I may not be around much. I hope that I can capture the wonderful, lively, joyful boys that make me so happy. That is the only goal now.