Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ma-ma's Day

I love being a mother, especially a stay-at-home mom. I can't imagine doing anything else. I really like taking care of Samuel and Allen. I get to have so many different "occupations" too - entertainer, teacher, cook, housekeeper, nurse, chauffeur, and personal shopper are just a few of the jobs I have. Although I truly enjoy taking care of my family, I have to admit that it's nice to be taken care of too.

For Mother's Day Samuel and Allen planned a day full of things guaranteed to make me happy. It started with a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers, roses, and a sentimental card from Samuel that was a perfect touch. Inside the card were two "coupons" for me to use, personally signed by Samuel. The first was for a Mexican dinner (since Allen hates Mexican food and we never eat it) and the other was for a pedicure (one of my beauty indulgences). I plan to wait for the pedicure and make an appointment at an upscale salon, but I was able to use the Mexican dinner coupon right away!



Of course, the very best Mother's Day gift is Samuel!





Kisses for Mommy!



Allen might dislike Mexican food in general, but he'll make an exception for sopapillas. He even scooped up the honey from the dish.



After dinner we took a walk to the park by our house since the weather was nice. Samuel always insists on pulling the wagon instead of riding.





Kisses for Daddy too!



The lure of the sprinkler was irresistable.





I've been trying to wean Samuel for quite a while now so I decided that tonight was the perfect night. Here is one last photo of him nursing. He is a big boy now!